Thursday, February 24, 2011

you first


We've had two tires sitting by the house for at least a year.

We tried to sell them. No one bought.

We tried to throw them away. The trashmen wouldn't take them. Actually we have three, and there's one still sitting out by the road that they'll never take away.

So this past weekend, while we were tackling the MOUNTAIN of leaves we never raked in fall, I thought of using them as swings over by the tree fort. I mean, we used to have a wooden stick swing there, so why not do it again? Hmmmm. Maybe because it broke?



And like he usually does, Juan Pablo makes it WAY more complicated than I was thinking...which was tie the rope around the tire and tie the rope around the tree.



This involved drilling. And washers. And certain knots.


We read that the heaviest person in the family should test out the swing first, and while he and I debated about who that might be, Joaquin jumped on it and it seemed to hold.



My thinking is, if it breaks, the tire will bounce on the ground first and cushion the fall.


It's still up....anyone else want to try it out?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome. I had a tire swing when I was a child. Good memories.
Your photos are great. I know they will enjoy their sophisticated tire swing for a long time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...