Sunday, February 6, 2011

boring ol' crayons

Same old crayons.


New way to color.


I got this hot plate at a thrift store for a dollar. It's the perfect size for little hands, but it will get HOT. I plug it in for a few minutes, then let the kids hold their paper with a dish towel, just in case. It makes brilliant colors and goes on smooth. We even tried it for a homework assignment. I recommend crayola crayons though....others may leave a waxy, greasy smear.

3 comments:

Aunt Maggie said...

very nice susan. BTW i have mom's hot plate exactly like that one. i could have given it to you free! hope to see you all soon.

medina family said...

ha! now you can actually use it, Maggie:)

kathy said...

Great idea... Have you ever drawn on hot rocks in the summer, same idea. You leave stones in the heat and then use cold crayons to draw on them.

http://polwig.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...