We were warned ahead of time that hurricane Earl was already affecting VA beach, but decided to go anyway.
And yes, the red flags were raised.
As soon as we got there, we heard the lifeguards blowing whistles. So as we were trying to figure out what was going on, I was eavesdropping on a man talking with a guard...I heard the word riptide...and started imagining the worst. I asked the man for more info, and apparently, when the flags are raised, you're not supposed to go in the water over your hips...and as hard and high as the waves were hitting, that left the kids basically standing on the sand. Look at Joaquin bracing for this wave...actually I think he was doing karate on it.
Now, I know what a sand crab is...Diego. He was covered in sand and very crabby.
He's spotted a kite...
...and all he wanted to do was throw sand at it...and at everything else...the whole time we were there.
He did take a little break to chase some birds.
Then back to throwing sand.
At one point, he seemed to be talking to the sand, very closely. I'm not sure what that was about.
The waves were pretty awesome though.
Surfers were out and fun to watch.
These two got creamed and loved every minute of it.
And this one loved Daddy's smoothie.
2 comments:
suz remember when we were in the water together and i was doing some kind of sorcerer thing with the sand creeping from the palm of my hands down my wrists and I was calling out to the sky silently! hee...like diego talking to the sand. love you and love the beach!
Wow you are a brave woman to head to the beach and ocean with a hurracain coming, brave or crazy? Either way both equal fun and I am glad you are safe.
http://polwig.com
Post a Comment