The corn maze was unbelievable. I thought the kids might get tired of it after awhile, but they loved it.
And I liked how they made it educational by asking questions about bees to help you choose which way to go at the crossroads. We knew some answers, guessed some, and will always remember the ones we got wrong that got us lost....hives stay at a temperature of 93 degrees, and....well...I already forgot the other one. But it was definitely educational.
Cheese.
Did you know corn had roots that looked like this? I had to look it up when I got home...these are the brace roots that help keep the stalk stable. It also has normal roots that run deep underground.
Oops...wrong way.
I knew he'd take off if I let him out of his stroller.
I was a little hesitant to let Diego ride the wagon barrels, knowing how he likes to stand up in his high chair now. But I pulled the seat belt nice and tight. He seemed to like it.
But this was his face after the second time around.
Here's that big smile again...I think that can of soda had something to do with it.
"Peanuts!" Oh, that's corn. I saw some little kernels on the floor in the bathroom later...I guess it was in their pants, too.
My favorite part was the hay bales.
It looked like so much fun, although I did hear a lot of sneezes and some "ouches"...maybe it's pokey.
But it's definitely fun. I'm kicking myself that I didn't climb up there, too.
A huge pile of heaven for Diego. Sand.
Oh, and there were pumpkins, too. After all this, plus corn cannons, duck races, goat walks, moon bounces, a pirate's cove, and paintball...the pumpkins were almost an afterthought. But there's nothing like sitting on that bale of hay, bumping along as the tractor makes it's way to a field spotted with orange.
God smiled on us today...the skies darkened as we rode out to the fields, but the first drops didn't fall until we were on our way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment