Monday, September 13, 2010

fall pastels


If you're like me...you can't wait for the once in a blue moon art work the kids bring home from school. There are some really great sites out there put together by elementary art teachers, like this one and this one, with step by step instructions that make doing projects at home super easy. They are even grouped by grade level.

We did these fall tree pastels while I was putting dinner together. Now before you think, "Wow! She can do this and cook dinner"...We ate come callado...which is what we eat when there's nothing left to eat in the house. Noodles. Chopped up ham (lunch meat). Frozen peas. Parmesan cheese. The kids love it.

Joaquin's is on the left. I love how he blended everything together. He's always so thorough.

Isabela's is on the right. I love her different tree colors, especially the purple one.


Take a look at these great sites. You'll be amazed at how easy it is.
(This project can be found here.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, these are fabulous! What artists! And I love your dinner on the fly recipe... it's waaaay better than our standby, mac-n-cheese with hotdogs =(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...