Tuesday, July 20, 2010

the rivah

We got a late start to this park event on Sunday..which meant most of the good stuff was gone (sno-cones) and it was HOT. The misting tent was the only place to be. I love Diego's face in this picture!




Since we were in the area, we headed over to one of the entry points on the river for tubers and kayakers. It brought back memories for me...I think we went tubing here when I was a preschooler!....no lifejacket! Those were the days.

I've been reluctant to take them near the river because...well, I don't want them to drown. But this spot wasn't deep at all, so I didn't worry too much.


All Joaquin wanted to do was find a way over this trickle of water. I thought we learned our lesson at Short Pump where he was hopping over the flat stones in the fountain and fell in...and when Joaquin messes up his clothes, it's the end of the world. But no, he still wanted to do it. Fine with me, as long as you don't freak out when you fall in. He didn't...fall in, that is. And he was sure proud of his accomplishment.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...