Thursday, July 8, 2010

beach trip

We're becoming locals. If we keep this up, we might have a week at the beach vacation after all.


But these 100 degree days really are amazing at the beach. The constant wind and cool water make it feel like 80. Although, I'm not sure if it was the time we went, or the location, but it was rough. The waves were crashing hard, and the beach was inclined steep down into the water, so when they would bodysurf...the waves would pound them into the shore. There must have been 6ft waves or even higher. I was worried, of course, that someone would get hurt...but all the children out there were loving it and going back for more. Crazy kids.

Diego had a good nap on the way there...so he was ready for action.



I was content with our water hole...and sandy toes.


The tide was coming in...but not fast enough for some.






The waves would sometimes creep up and dribble into our little pool...and other times they would rush in, barreling over anyone not paying attention....the kids were squealing with excitement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely beach adventure! You made me wish I had been there. Thanks for linking to this on Unplug Your Kids, perfect for this month's "beach" theme! www.unplugyourkids.com

carla said...

What a blessing! I wish we were at the beach with our grandsons.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...