Sunday, May 2, 2010

wild kingdom

I finally got to go on a field trip with one of my kids this week. These days, the schools don't let you go if you have younger siblings...which is understandable, but it means I don't get to be the field trip mom that I always thought I'd be.

I paid $11.25 to get into the zoo!! Thank God Diego was free. Wow, that price has really gone up.

Here we are posing in front of the ostrich that is sitting on her giant eggs. Joaquin can quickly tell you that 24 regular eggs fit into one ostrich egg. And really, I asked myself why do I ever take pictures at the zoo? Does anyone ever look at old pictures of animals? So I thought maybe if our faces were in the picture, it wouldn't be so bad.


We got to sit in on a little presentation which was fun. This is one of the baby orangutans, and I was trying to get a good picture of it because it was sooo cute...


....but I had my own orangutan hanging around my neck, jostling the camera.


And the highlight of the day...this snake that we blindly walked by, just inches away from us...of course, it wasn't all curled up like this, but long and straight like a stick on the pathway. He only got like this after one of the moms tried to gently "nudge" it to go away...it was more of a kick I'd say, so he didn't really like that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...