Thursday, March 5, 2009

patience

I'm always telling the kids "patience is a virtue" in that sing-songy motherly voice that we use to pass along wisdom to our children. I must have heard the phrase a lot from my mom growing up. Well, apparently I didn't have any back then, and I still don't! There's still no baby, but the midwife assures me that I am going to have one. God loves it when you work on qualities that you lack...that's why waiting patiently is always on my daily to do list. Whether it is for a school bus, a red light, the bathroom, or a baby! If you think about it, it can be relieving to have to wait....there is nothing you can do about it, and it's a great time to pause and say a prayer, reflect, prepare, be in the moment, have a meaningful conversation and many other things we wish we had more time for. I'm not sure waiting will ever get easier for me, but I have at least learned to recognize WHEN I'm doing it. Then instead of complaining, I do one of those purposeful activities and before you know it, the bus is here, the light is green, the bathroom door opens and the baby is born!

3 comments:

Darlene said...

What a perfect message for me this morning :0)! You should write an article for MOPS International!!
Thanks for speaking to me today :0).

Nancy Welge said...

Hmmmm, if the wee one holds for 4 more days, he'll be born on Lew's birthday and you MUST name him LEW. Hahahahahahahaha. Maybe a good belly laugh will bring on the birthin process. Hahahahahahaha.

Stacey said...

Thanks for that post Susan. All us Mommy's have to work extra hard on that thing called patience! It's not my greatest virtue either.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...