10 hours on 95! We left in the morning and I had packed PLENTY of things for the kids to do. I did use the cookie tray idea, which serves as a hard surface to color on, and it doesn't let things fall off of it because of the little edge. The kids really liked that and colored a lot. Whoever said kids sleep on car trips? We did force a nap on them and after some crying they slept for a bit. It turns out North Carolina is the longest state to go through...I would have thought Georgia, but it's not. So we made one wrong turn in Jacksonville, but got to cross this really cool bridge, which the kids considered the first roller coaster of the trip and screamed the whole way down. When we finally got there, the kids spent the evening in Nancy and Lew's pool. Then the next morning we left for Orlando.
Monday, August 11, 2008
the drive
10 hours on 95! We left in the morning and I had packed PLENTY of things for the kids to do. I did use the cookie tray idea, which serves as a hard surface to color on, and it doesn't let things fall off of it because of the little edge. The kids really liked that and colored a lot. Whoever said kids sleep on car trips? We did force a nap on them and after some crying they slept for a bit. It turns out North Carolina is the longest state to go through...I would have thought Georgia, but it's not. So we made one wrong turn in Jacksonville, but got to cross this really cool bridge, which the kids considered the first roller coaster of the trip and screamed the whole way down. When we finally got there, the kids spent the evening in Nancy and Lew's pool. Then the next morning we left for Orlando.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment