Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our kitchen

I just wanted to give you an idea of our morning routine...right now our kitchen is outside on the back side of the yard. It has a very small refrigerator and a gas stove and a sink with cold water. And all our plates and silverware are there too. So the first thing I do is heat a kettle of hot water. That is for either tea or for washing dishes. Sometimes we have hot chocolate. The milk here comes in bags instead of jugs and so I heat a pot of water with the bag in it, and that makes the milk hot. Then I´ll either make scrambled or boiled eggs (the brown ones) and we may have toast (they sell bags of bread already toasted) or maybe cereal. Trix is the cheapest but I´ve also bought Fruit Loops. Then I have to bring all the bowls, cups, etc. in from outside to the table, then bring all the hot food which turns cold very quickly. Then carry everything back outside to the kitchen to wash or just leave there for later. It is very hard, so that is why we are so excited to be finishing this kitchen on the inside!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Oh my goodness Susan! I always thought you were creative! It sounds like you enjoy Bolivia! I know that it must be challenging at times but I also think it must be refreshing as well! I look forward to you writing a book! You will be featured on Oprah for her book club! TJ and Kai are doing great! They are also learning spanish in school. I wish I could pay 80.00 a month for just 1 child's tuition! Kai is learning how to play the violin and OH MY GOODNESS is it the cutest thing! TJ was just accepted to the honors program at school and he is OFFICIALLY on the tackle football team as a wide receiver. Can you say BIG HEAD??? Marcus is doing great and we are closing on our home next month. I look forward to reading your blogs and I hope you will post your pictures soon! Love ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...