We have this great new computer that Juan Pablo brought back from the US (Mac ibook) and we have gone to the three internet companies here to get a connection in the house--one doesn´t have service there yet and the other two say they are completely saturated in that area --what does that mean?!!just put another line! So anyway, we wont have the internet at home for at least six months, maybe more. There is an internet cafe close to the house I can use, and I can also take the computer to the hotel and use the internet at the hotel. But what a pain!
The kids are doing great in school. The are happy when we leave them in the morning and happy to see us when we pick them up. Isabela has been studying spanish with the new CDs I got at a yard sale before I left, the ones with 33 different languages. She loves it and has been saying more words. I can´t decide which language I would like to try. I think I am leaning towards japonese. They have a japonese society here that also offers classes and I would like to check that out. I´ll probably start giving english lessons to the hotel employees pretty soon. So we´ll see how that goes.
It is getting colder here! Juan Pablo was wrong about the coldest day being in June, I mean winter is just starting here! I remember I was here in late July, August and I nearly froze to death so that´s what we have to look forward to. I heat the kids clothes on our little heater before putting them on, I know it doesn´t sound safe but it is. I can´t wait to post these pictures I have! It is amazing how things operate here. I mean people sit on the side of the road with slabs of meat to sell all day, then wrap them up and sell them the next day! As long as I haven´t seen it prepared, I´m okay eating it. In the family, we are taking turns cooking for everyone either every weekend or every month I can´t remember...luckily it hasn´t been my turn. But I´m thinking of doing like hamburgers and macaroni salad, and Juan Pablo´s guacamole and stuff like that.
We leave for Chile on Sunday for like 4 days. The kids are out of school for two weeks starting monday for winter vacation! So that works out perfectly. We are going to buy the appliances for the kitchen and check out the beaches there, even though it will be cold. Hope to have some great pictures from there!
No comments:
Post a Comment