Saturday, September 24, 2016

Latin jazz and salsa festival

For my new college class this semester, we had an assignment to visit someplace where we were different from other people.  (The class is called Diverse Learners.) I thought it would be fun to go to the Latin Jazz and Salsa festival at Dogwood Dell.  I'm not really a jazz person, but I used to like salsa dancing a lot.


Again I dragged the whole family along.  I thought it would be good for the kids to see an outdoor concert as well.   They pretty much complained the entire time, but that's nothing new.  I had brought along Spot It! for them to play and some snacks to tide them over.

Juan Pablo and I danced a little with the crowd down in front of the stage, but it was Carmen that couldn't stop.  There were lots of kids and families there, so she saw some little girls dancing and wanted to join in.



Now in the car, when a certain song comes on with the same instruments that were at the concert, she remembers it and says she wants to go dancing again!


Here's a little video where salsa arms turn wildly into a flapping bird:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...