Saturday, August 27, 2016

where's waldo?


In the long, hot days of July, many of the shops in Carytown draw families down there by playing Where's Waldo?  Our entire family loves to do this, which is rare when the kids range from three to thirteen. 
  Would you believe that Carmen found Waldo in the first store?!  She was sitting in a stroller, and I said, "OK, Carmen, we need to look for Waldo."  And she said, "OK, Mommy. There he is."  I thought she was joking, but he was hiding on a lower shelf in a bookstore, right at her eyesight!

Do you see Waldo in this picture?  It's pretty obvious here, but in a large store, it can take a little bit to find.


I came across these awesome paper placemats that I fell in love with.  I didn't buy them, but I still think about them.  Maybe I'll go back one day.


This was the first time JP was able to come along with us, and he really enjoyed this store full of the first video games we all grew up with.


After finding Waldo in 18 different stores, we decided to eat at the Mellow Mushroom pizza place we'd heard so much about.  Best pizza we've ever eaten.


It's family friendly and full of interesting stuff to look at, just like the rest of Carytown.
After you find Waldo in 18 stores, you can enter a drawing to win Waldo books.  We win something every year!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...