Sunday, January 24, 2016

snow storm 2016

Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.


I guess they weren't kidding.



Thursday night, we hit the stores like the rest of Chesterfield residents.  Isabela had no winter coat, we needed snow boots for two kids, snow pants for one, and gloves would have been nice.  Everyone else must have needed those things, too.  

We lucked out on the coat.  Slim pickings everywhere we went.  I forced her to try this one on, and under protest, she ended up liking it.

But who knew that snow gloves cost around $40?  I didn't believe it, so those stayed right on the rack. Now we're paying for it with cold hands. No snow pants either.  Now we have to share which means we can't all go sledding at the same time. 


Carmen is set thought.  This reminds me of my childhood.  This could be a picture of me.


Only, we had a great hill within walking distance.  We haven't found that here yet, so we settle for someone pulling the sled around the yard.


Being trapped in the house gives me time to do all the things I've always wanted to do.  Naps, catching up on my tv shows, and crafts!  I've decided not to waste this snow storm cooking and cleaning.

Everyone else seems OK with that.

Carmen has rediscovered her dress up. 

She's had these same clothes on for two days now.  Come to think of it, I may have, too!



But here's someone who's pissed about this whole staying inside thing.  Her new cozy spot on a pile of clothes.


And the good ol' days.  Crafts with mom.  We used markers, water,  and paper towels to make some colorful hearts.  Carmen couldn't be stopped.


And Joaquin made three of them!


But I'd also set out the perler beads.  Isabela and I discovered you could actually make things with these, not just multicolored preformed shapes.

Here's my baby groot that we all love.  He's held up to the fridge by those dart magnets because I haven't pulled out the hot glue gun yet.  Maybe tomorrow.


Isabela made a lemon slice coaster...looks like summer!


Invitations to play are the new way to get your kids to do stuff.  Just clear off the table.  Set out some supplies nice and neat at each of their seats the night before.  And when they wake up, they magically just start using them!  Love pinterest for great images of invitations to play!

But one of my new year's resolutions was to sew more.  Maybe one thing a month.  January's almost over, and I've yet to do it.  I think tomorrow's the day.

What are you doing fun this snow storm?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...