Thursday, March 12, 2015

stuck inside

I tried to keep the kids busy while we were stuck inside for days and days.

This lasted a good thirty minutes....I picked up these klutz castle building cards for $3 at a children's consignment sale.


Joaquin and his dad built this together.


Kitty spent a lot more time with us inside.  Carmen and the cat seem to be having some kind of stare down.


Joaquin made his famous vanilla shake (milk, sugar, vanilla, and ice).  It leaves a great milk mustache.


And I finally gave in and turned Carmen's bed into a toddler bed.  (She sleeps in our bed anyway, so really it's just a big decoration.)  


She was super-excited at first.  But in the end, everyone EXCEPT her wanted to sleep in it.


Juan Pablo brought some cool toys home from Bolivia for the kids to try out.  There was one we've seen at colonial days around here, but we never could figure it out.
Let me tell you how not to do it:
Don't swing that heavy end up into the air!
It's solid wood and metal and could probably be used as a weapon.  I was shocked it was a kid's toy at first.

But of course, Isabela discovered how to use it.  Here's a little video...sorry for the quality...I'm still not good with my camera's video option...just be glad I edited out the conversation for some music.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...