Friday, September 12, 2014

the new La Paz

This is the new way to get around in La Paz.  In Spanish, it's called the teleférico.... and I can't ever remember the name in English so I always call it the teleférico, plus it's fun to say. 


It's so modern, like a space capsule.


And you get a bird's eye view of the city, of course.


The kids really enjoyed it, despite Joaquin's dazed look here...


...and especially, this big kid.  It was the first thing he wanted to do when they touched down in La Paz.


Here's a little reminder of how dangerous simple driving can be.


I'm scared of heights, so I'm not sure I'll ever enjoy riding on the teleférico.  Really, La Paz is not a city for the fearful....hint* on more to come!



JP was also impressed with the new buses throughout the city.  The most important thing is there are now actual bus stops for these buses, and they only stop right there and on schedule.  I can remember signaling buses and hopping on and off them as they were still rolling down the street.  The new way might be a little safer, but not as much fun, I imagine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'd be able to work up the guts to ride in one of those things. I feel queasy just looking at the photos even though part of me knows it's super cool.

And the photo of the car jammed between the 2 cliffs??! ... How did that happen? Was the driver somehow pulled out or are they still in there and presumed.... ???

Aunt Maggie said...

truly amazing pics

medina family said...

HI Tracey! I think they said everyone was pulled out, but they just couldn't get the car out. I have no idea how long it's been there. Very scary.

medina family said...

Thanks, Aunt Maggie...some more to come :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...