My kids have yet to experience the angry mobs and Revolutionary War soldiers of Colonial Williamsburg, but one place we love to go is Mid County Park, which has recently been completely renovated. It used to have a large wooden pirate ship and cool tire and rope climbing courses. You can see a few pictures of the old park HERE.
The new park is amazing and there's still a pirate theme throughout. My cousin, Elizabeth, and her daughter, Anaum, made their way from Philly to Williamsburg, and we came to pick them up for a weekend playdate at our house, but stopping by this park is a MUST if you have small kids.
I spy....
This girl is fearless. Loves the swing, loves the slide...she asks for the tallest ones with a sneaky little smirk like she knows it's definitely out of the question.
Anaum is amazingly fashionable, just like her mom, and loves to wear hats.
Here I go!.......
And her brothers have taught her the fun of going up the wrong way, too.
This is one of those slides that's way too high for her, but Diego loved it. I will mention...this park is HUGE. There were several times when I had no idea where Diego was, and my heart beat just a little faster. It's good to have at least two parent eyes watching your kids here, and don't expect to be able to sit around and chat. Save that for the car ride home.
Sneaking up on deck from the anchor.
I like how Carmen has her little hand on her hip.
The girls had fun spinning Diego around.
Anaum likes the swing, too...
Elizabeth gave them both a push while I went in search of Diego.
Hold on tight, a storm's coming!
A little help?
Prepare the canons!
And that distant look means it's time to head home now. We didn't get to the park until 7pm, but it was perfect with the late sunset of summer and the kids were ready for bed when we got home.
Don't miss this park if you're near Williamsburg. They call it Kidsburg, too.





No comments:
Post a Comment