Monday, July 14, 2014

the fourth

I love this smile.


Joaquin likes to work on his smile sometimes in the mirror.  It's so funny.  Most of the time, I'm like, "No. Way. Don't do that."  He's cheesing and flashing cool hands and it's hilarious.  But this smile is sweet.

Carmen really enjoyed the parade this year for the fourth of July.  She clapped and waved.  She's a waver.  To everyone.  When we go jogging on the trails, she flops her hand back and forth until those passing are smiling and waving, too.  I love that one-year-old wave.


The boys stood on the roadside for the candy.  The rules had changed this year.  No throwing candy...it had to be handed out.  I must be getting old.  Things just aren't as fun as they used to be.


But don't tell this cutie.  A plastic fireman hat is fun to play with no matter what politician is advertised on the front!


No fireworks for us this year, either. Yes....we're definitely old.  We go to bed too early for them to even start. We lit a few glow sticks and called it a night.  Easy, relaxing summer.  That's the goal, and we're sticking to it.

1 comment:

Aunt Maggie said...

that is a good choice, easy relaxing summer. I have got to see you all, argh.........

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...