Wednesday, July 23, 2014

growing and eating

Despite my last post about eating at Chick-Fil-A, I've been doing a surprising amount of cooking.  I checked out a Jamie Oliver cookbook from the library and we've been eating well lately.

This crusted chicken recipe was one of the first we tried.


Along with asparagus with a mustard sauce.    There was an amazing lasagna recipe in there, too, with more vegetables than sauce, and I was shocked when it tasted better than my own.  I think that will be my new thing...checking out cookbooks from the library...great to do when you're in a cooking rut.


Our garden seems to have fed everyone in the neighborhood except us.  One day I went out there and someone had eaten the leaves off of almost every plant.  I don't think it was this fat guy...more like a deer.


This is the crazy cucumber plant that took over.  We've only gotten maybe four cucumbers from it.  But they were giants.


But this little tree is our hope.  Isabela brought it home in a tube and when we finally planted it in a small pot, it was almost dead.  But with love and water it started to grow...enough so that abuelo transplanted it to a larger pot.


I think it will make a cute Christmas tree one day!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...