Wednesday, May 21, 2014

life lately

I've rediscovered the farmer's market.  How about this hamburger-size strawberry?


We are lucky to have the Chesterfield Berry Farm market so close to the house.  They are always giving something free away, plus the prices seem to be really good.  The other day I bought red grapes for $0.99/lb., got one free cantaloupe and a free container of strawberries for spending $15.  

Unfortunately, the strawberry crop wasn't very big this year so they didn't have their huge celebration and U-pick month.  I imagine that gave them a big setback financially, which makes me feel even better to support them weekly.  What do you like to buy from your farmer's market?


Saturdays are finally letting up with this one's soccer schedule, so maybe we can visit some other local farmer's markets.  That would be a fun summer challenge:  visit a different farmer's market each week!

Doesn't Joaquin look like one of the Beetles with his long hair?  


He has a spirit that rebounds from any setback.  He tried out for the Elite Travel team, but didn't make it.  "I suck at soccer, " was his quick response then he went on to some other activity.  I think he knows he doesn't suck at soccer every time he dribbles through three defenders and gently and simply taps the ball into the goal.  His last game he scored five of their seven goals...and had to leave early at the half!


God works things out though.  He was able to try out for the U11 Classic team, the one that all his friends play on and he made it.  Next season is going to be the best year of his life, whether they win or lose, I'm sure of it.


And this guy turned one year older this month.


Latinaish gave me a great idea for a birthday present...is anyone else collecting World Cup stickers in this album?  The album is only two dollars and each sticker packet is, too.  Fun to trade.  Fun to learn about.  Can you fill your favorite team?  Can you fill the whole book?  Juan Pablo wanted to cut to the chase and buy a whole box of sticker packets, but really that's not how you're supposed to do it.  I think I'll surprise him every now and then with a packet and see how far we get that way.


We made a little banner of all the teams flags that are competing this year.


It's a great challenge trying to name them all.  We had a little dispute over England's flag.  See that white one with the red cross?  Who knew?


Here he is with his dad and some of the kids.  His dad has been busy making a vegetable garden in the back yard.  I'll have to snap some pictures of it.


And these two are just so cute together I can't stand it.  Carmen looks for Diego as soon as she wakes up in the morning and reaches out to hug him when she sees him.  Diego has taken to carrying her around the house which always makes my heart skip a beat, but he's very careful with her.


Look who's walking.  Well, just about to take off...any day now.  She's at the two-second balance, time is frozen stage, before she crashes onto her diaper cushion.  She's got a cute bye-bye wave, too.  One is so fun!


And pool time is upon us!  


Have you made your summer bucket list yet?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...