I love this face.
It seems like both yesterday and centuries ago.
I love looking at old photos. It's one reason that I've kept up this blog for so long...although it's gotten harder as time in the day has gotten shorter. When did the days start shrinking?
This painted face was from our trip to Disney World before we moved to Bolivia.
I think we can tell who the serious one is here.
Her third birthday. I remember those days...she never used to look at the camera. Jello in an orange boat...I think people are still talking about those! Yum!
Always happy and laughing.
Somewhat shy, although I think she's really gotten over that.
The rare family photo. I don't even remember this one. Do we look young, or what?
Her fourth birthday. Princesses and pirates. A family friend even dressed up like a princess...in her wedding dress that she could still fit into, plus a wig...and Isabela didn't find out it wasn't a real princess until last year!
Fast forward to ELEVEN.
She is quite amazing and capable.
She can cook. By herself. Cheesecake, quesadillas, eggs. She can follow a recipe and she's a wiz at fractions.
She is great with small children. She can craft with Diego, she whips Carmen on to her hip and even shares her Calico Critters with her; and she has the patience of Job with her close-in-age brother, Joaquin.
I'd say cleaning is her enemy. But maybe she'll grow out of that.
She loves music and singing. If you hum a tune, she's humming along with you, even if she hasn't the faintest idea what song it is. And she even tapped out Mary Had a Little Lamb on her homemade xylophone for music class.
She braves the highest roller coasters.
And she's nearing her black belt. Watch out world.
Sometimes with four kids, I'm spread real thin. But I treasure my one on one time with Isabela...reading chapter books before bed, snuggled under the comforter together...although Diego usually weasels his way between us; or shopping for clothes, which she's seems to grow out of the the minute we rip the tag off; and just talking...for which there's never enough time.
The Bible says the fruits of the spirit are Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control.
She's got them. Maybe not all at once, but I'm so thankful for the amazing spirit in this girl.
Happy Birthday, Isabela.
I've said it before: the world is wonderful with you in it.











No comments:
Post a Comment