Tuesday, January 28, 2014

snow week


Here are some of my favorite images from our week off of school...for only two inches of snow!

It's just way too cold for me to be outside.  Or inside.  Our house is not liking these frigid temperatures at all...it got down to 58 degrees inside one evening.  Brrrr!

Our gas fireplace keeps us toasty in our big room, but I've been living in fleece jackets and many layers for the rest of the time.

The kids, of course, couldn't wait to get outside.


This picture makes me laugh....Isabela looks like the abominable snowman pulling its next victim.


We had lots of time for winter experiments.  Green food coloring on snow.  Cool.


Borax crystals on pipe cleaners.  Cool, but don't eat it!



(This is Isabela's penguin, if you weren't sure.)


Our first deep freeze, we tried a hanging ice sculpture.


It melted away and the ribbon disappeared, too.


Carmen has watched most of it from the window, along with me.


I read an article the other day about the happiest nation on earth...Denmark.  I'd like to move there.  But I imagine it's cold, so I wonder how they are so happy?  

2 comments:

Yazmin said...

Just stopping by from a comment you left on Latinish.com...

You must live in the Atlanta area, since we had a week off of school, too, due to that massive winter storm that came our way.

Looks like you guys ventured out more than we did - my girl was outside for 30 minutes and then said "ok, I don't like snow."

Anyhow - yes! Your daughter *does* look like the abominable snowman dragging its next victim! Made me giggle, too, when you made the reference. You should print that picture and put it up someplace!

medina family said...

Hi Yazmin! We're in Virginia, but far enough south for two inches to be that big of a deal. I can't imagine Atlanta with snow. I hope you warm up down there. We're having a nice weekend, but I heard it's supposed to get cold again. I guess we're making up for last year.

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...