Tuesday, December 3, 2013

thankful

My house is in shambles.  A mixed up jumble of Thanksgiving and Christmas.  There are boxes strewn throughout each room with cherished ornaments spilling out, waiting to be hung on our Charlie-Brownish tree, and a table of overflowing pumpkins and leaves ready to be stored for another year.

I'm thankful for it all.  But mostly for my family.

Let's start with the baby.  She's always on the move...and not one to sleep if there's something better to do.  And look who's getting two teeth!!
teeth

Uncle Shep discovered that Carmen has a Williams family trait in her top lip...just like her great-grandfather.  I think she looks a little like Marge Simpson, myself.  But it is so amazing to see glimpses of your grandparents in your children.

IMG_2750

Isabela has become Betty Crocker.  She cooked this cheesecake from scratch all by herself.  I did catch one measuring error just in time...she accidentally added 1 cup of milk instead of 1/4 cup.  I just poured most of the excess into the sink.  It turned out just fine anyway.

cheesecake

The annual Thanksgiving bike ride from Alexandria to DC was cut short this year because of the bitter cold...only 26 miles!

IMG_2709

Joaquin was a little nervous but did awesome and even made it up the big hill on Connecticut Avenue from the National Zoo.  They were all frozen solid when they arrived, but thawed out after some snacks and drinks.

IMG_2701

Here's our wonderful host Aunt Beth calling everyone to order.  It was a huge gathering this year.  Carmen kept me occupied most of the time, but she finally conked just after we ate.

IMG_2755

And these two are becoming fast friends.  She lights up as soon as she wakes up and sees Diego.

IMG_2530

How about that Native American headdress?  I helped with the feathers, but that design around the band is all him.  I'm impressed.

IMG_2507

And this beautiful girl is the one that made me a mom ten years ago!  Sometimes she reminds me of myself, but she is still so unique.  I think she looks like my own mom in this picture.

thankful izzy

She's beautiful and I love her.

IMG_2659

And she's one great big sister.  I hope those boys will realize that one day!

IMG_2666

And then there's this handsome man.  I'm so thankful for his unique outlook on each and every thing...which might sound like code for:  he and I agree on nothing...but it's not.  I'm old-fashioned and stuck in my ways, and he's a free spirit and ready for adventure.  He provides for us, goes along with my own crazy ideas, wears out the wild boys, and patiently calms most of our storms.  For him, I'm most thankful.

IMG_2691

1 comment:

Stacey said...

what a sweet post! Happy thanksgiving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...