Oh, who cares? As long as we all crossed the finished line. Although I did expect a little cheering at the end when I finally got there, instead of the crickets chirping...not a family member in sight. Sigh.
But back to the start...I think just pinning these numbers on ensures that you'll run just a little bit faster.
Carmen even came along in a jogging stroller borrowed from a friend...pushed by me! This is my non-sleeping baby. It wasn't until about 1.5 miles into it that she finally conked.
These three are a little more competitive than the rest of us. Joaquin was the first to cross...in under 30 minutes. Daddy stuck with Diego who literally ran the first two miles then suddenly said, "I want to walk now."
Isabela and I encouraged one another along for awhile until she met up with a friend. We were dodging people even slower than us (who knew?) and making our way to the grand party at the end...free Jersey Mike's subs and snow cones. If that isn't enough to motivate you, I don't know what else there could possibly be.
And here's Carmen pre-race loving on another dog.
Isabela informed me that even Carmen beat me...since I was pushing her along in front of me. I think my official time was around 45 minutes...I'm pretty sure that was ten minutes faster than my first ever 5K last year. My reaction: "Woo-hoo! I won!"
Now we can bring on the turkey and pumpkin pie.
2 comments:
good job, medinas! I'm almost motivated now to do some running myself, or maybe i'll just skip the pumpkin pie ;)
I say go for it, Robyn! 5Ks are over before you know it, and there's always a lot of run/walkers. I really don't like running, but I always feel better after doing it.
Post a Comment