Like spring cleaning, but oh! so much better!
After talking about it for months, maybe even years, I've finally done it. I've created a cleaning schedule that gets the whole family involved.
One evening, while waiting for the kids to finish their TaeKwonDo class, I grabbed a notepad and pen and scribbled each day of the week (Monday through Saturday) with the first letter of each kid's name under it.
Then came the hard part. Thinking of the jobs. Things they could do, but things that aren't always done...I'm talking about actually cleaning here.
After several
And while I was in the happy place that list making can take you, I decided to make an individual list for each person in the family, with their chores for each day. So in the end, I had six lists....one for each of us and the master copy. And I planned to type it up pretty somehow and post it on a wall where we'd all see it.
That part hasn't happened yet. I stuck the ugly lists on the fridge with a magnet. But that didn't stop us from starting. And I'm proud to say that almost everything. on every list. was done.
I have clean tubs and toilets, a smudge free storm door, clean mirrors, vacuumed rooms, mopped floors, wiped down cabinets, and more.
How did the kids like it?
Diego loved his chores...most involved squirt bottles, so how could he not?
Joaquin did his quickly in the morning after making his bed. He likes to get things done and move on to fun stuff.
Isabela was my procrastinator and complainer. I don't think she liked any of her jobs, and made gagging noises at most of them.
Juan Pablo did great with his jobs. He even took the kitchen light down one day (not on the list by the way!) and washed it out. The next day, Diego asked if we got a new light.
And me? Let's just say we're all sleeping in clean sheets, bathing in sparkly tubs, and driving around in a lot less trash.
Week one went great. We talked about switching lists with each other. But now I'm thinking we should do these for a month before we switch.
And maybe, one day, I'll type the chore list up pretty, but for now, ugly's working.
No comments:
Post a Comment