I'll give you a little tour of our few blocks of Philly...
This is Race Street, just in case you forget where you are. Our hotel overlooked the Delaware River and the Benjamin Franklin bridge...amazing views.
We were starving when we arrived, and these menu signs caught our eyes, but the seating was outdoors only and it was sooooo h-o-t we had to move on. To Dave and Busters. I've now been to Philly twice and eaten at Dave and Busters twice. I think that's enough, don't you?
We caught a glimpse of this boat/bus splashing into the river. Looks like fun!
Here's where you tie your horse.
And the reason for our visit...this joyful new mom and her precious little girl.
We all wanted to hold her. Isabela did marvelous.
And I did pretty good, too.
But Aunt Leah Ann took the cake, getting her to go to sleep for quite awhile. Baby Anaum's dad reminded us of the goal of all new parents: getting the baby to sleep!
And they're so sweet when they sleep.
I love this shot!
We left the happy family to go exploring a little.
I found this bit of nature on the busy city sidewalk...I hope the little robin hatched!
Here's that beautiful bridge...and we watched an amazing fireworks show from our window. Unfortunately our sheer happiness turned to quite a nightmare when rowdy youngin's partied in our hallway all night with loud music, beer bottles, and arguing...even a little punching. Isabela slept through the whole thing.
The nice thing about being a tourist in Philly is that almost everyone you see is one, too. So I'm fine walking around town with my big ol' camera dangling from my neck...but when I want to be discreet, I do miss my point and shoot.
We visited Independence Hall...still looks the same as it did over 200 years ago. But I have to admit something. With my straight A, public school, college graduate with honors education, I didn't have a clue what took place at Indy Hall. Do you know? Or did you know before you saw this picture? I'm glad Isabela went to see it first hand.
This looked like a fun way to see the city, but it was just so HOT, and do you really want to sit behind a horse when it's hot?
Isabela took this picture of us two mommy cousins. It's slightly blurry, but still one of our best ever. No closed eyes, no wacky pjs from Christmas morning.
Thanks to Aunt Leah Ann for driving us up!! I definitely wouldn't have made it...I'm not good with long distances...Northern VA is about it for me.
Do you make it a habit to have one on one time with each of your children? Where do you like to go when it's just the two of you?
2 comments:
i am so glad you are back. i missed new posts.........anaum is growing so fast already, thanks for the pics...........
I'm 'back' but not sure for how long...it's much harder to post in the summer. Loved taking pics of the baby!!
Post a Comment