We are so last minute. I heard the day before that Busch Gardens is always empty on mother's day because "people always do what the moms want on that day, and moms don't want to go to Busch Gardens." So I mentioned it to Juan Pablo, and it was that easy.
(And yes, it's true, Busch Gardens is EMPTY on mother's day!)
It cracks me up how you ride the great tram ride and think you're already in the park for at least fifteen minutes before you even hit the ticket booths. We've been twice already now, so we're slowly learning the insider tricks and short cuts to every bathroom in the park.
Ice cream anyone?
If this picture gives you any idea about Diego and rides....this is the train ride that slowly trolls all the way around the park.
It turns out he doesn't like rides.
He doesn't like to get wet.
He doesn't like Big Bird.
But dinos are okay.
And so is the Azul Elmo.
And really, he's just like me. I've always hated roller coasters. And I found out I hate the simulated movies, too. I haven't felt sick on a ride since the Scrambler when I was like eight...but Europe in the Air, I had to close my eyes half way through and prayed I wouldn't throw up until it stopped and then speed walked outta there as fast as I could. That one is now crossed off the ever-shortening list of things I will get on at Busch Gardens.
But Joaquin's list is growing, just like him. He's tall enough to ride lots of stuff now, and is waiting for the day he can ride the Griffon...sheer terror, if you ask me.
Diego got a cozy ride in the stroller we rented, but he's never been one for strollers so I think Joaquin and Isabela used it more.
We finally found something he did like...the carousel horses. We rode four times in a row. He chose a different horse each time, encouraged them to go faster, and frowned at the horses beside him that were beating him.
I told him if you hear the ding at the end, you won the race. It dings every time.
Oh, here's one more ride I don't mind, the boat. I love making small talk with the captains....it turns out the lake is full of snapping turtles, that's why you don't see any ducks or geese.
So why would a mom who hates roller coasters want to come here on mother's day?
To see her family happy, of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment