Wednesday, December 7, 2011

scenes of Christmas

It will be another handmade Christmas for us again this year. I've been working around the clock trying to whip up some gifts that my kids will actually play with. I can't wait to share them!

I've also been reading all those tutorials on taking pictures of your Christmas tree...I still haven't gotten one I love yet...although this one is promising :)
IMG_8912

We made our annual gingerbread house (kit!) the other day. The best way for me to enjoy this tradition is to step back and take no part in it...except for eating the candy. I laughed to myself as Juan Pablo tried to help the kids make a "perfect" house. That icing never holds together well for us. (I came back in to the kitchen later while we were watching It's a Wonderful Life, and the roof had slid halfway down the house. I just pulled it off and ate it.)
IMG_8893

But this activity always brings out the best in the kids. Somehow giving them free reign to make a mess and eat lots of candy helps them become the little angels in this picture.
IMG_8952

Here's the finished product. Gone the next day. I do believe we are the only family that will actually eat their entire gingerbread house.
IMG_8960

We're very merry.
IMG_8971

2 comments:

Aunt Maggie said...

Diego is getting as big as his bro and sis.......i wish i could have a gingerbread house to eat, i always want to buy one but never do. i am so sorry i have been such a bad aunt but with the new puppy and rick's new cement spacer hip i have two people and a job to take care of. hope to see you some time.

medina family said...

Hey mags...I was sorry we missed you at THanksgiving. We'll see you over Christmas. And go get one of those gingerbread kits! They are everywhere and very fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...