Tuesday, December 6, 2011

pueblo, powhatan, AND lakota

I love school projects! OK, I admit I'm a nerd. But what is more fun than making boring old school work come to life with your kids?

Joaquin was only supposed to choose one Native American tribe...but how can you choose just one? So he didn't.

Here's his Pueblo village...painted boxes and popsicle sticks. I think this one's my favorite.
IMG_8933

A long house for the Powhatan in winter...the shape of the house comes from a box of butter and half a canister of bread crumbs....yay! for recycling.
IMG_8941

And the most unique one...the buffalo jump of the Lakotas. (Our yard overflows with moss which was finally put to good use.)
IMG_9011

Could you choose just one?

4 comments:

Stacey said...

wowzers- that looks cool. you make parents like me look really, really bad! i have no patience with those school projects.

medina family said...

Stacey...I saw that cake you made for Alli...there's no way you look like a bad parent!!! And while I love projects, I rarely check their homework...they've been turning in some real sloppy stuff lately...so it all evens out.

Unknown said...

Hello. My daughter will this kind of project as well. The pueblo Indian house. Did you use medicine boxes? What material did you use to color them brown?

medina family said...

Hi Lisette! The boxes were bigger than medicine boxes, more like boxes for crackers and things like that. He painted them with acrylic paint. Hope that helps! Have fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...