Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Grayhaven

Grayhaven....it sounds like the name of a castle from medieval times. Misty clouds rolling along the moonlit sky with the sounds of metal armor clanging and horses hooves stomping the ground below.

But it's not. It turns out, it's a nearby winery....The Farm Table held a family event there this past weekend. Just one more reason I'm thankful we joined. Their mission is not only for people to eat healthier, but also enjoy it!
IMG_3468

Here's the most recognizable flag on earth these days. Don't know it? Well, don't admit it, but you must not watch soccer. (It's South Africa's...where the last World Cup was held.) I saw it and immediately thought, 'Wow, they must really like soccer,' but after some deductive reasoning, I'm now thinking the owners are from South Africa.
IMG_3362

The beautiful wooden door on the house also caught our attention...along with large cattails and giant koi swimming in the pond surrounding it.
IMG_3374

Did you know that wine grapes had thicker skin and lots of seeds? Someone just told me that. Interesting.
IMG_3459

Isabela dressed the part. Check out those pink boots!
IMG_3417

And the kids were immediately drawn to this old merry-go-round....but after spinning on it for AN HOUR, Joaquin thought it wasn't that merry. We actually had to leave early because he felt sick...luckily he didn't GET sick. He really has an iron stomach.
IMG_3373

Watch out for those balloons!
IMG_3450

I think Isabela was most impressed by the woman who painted her face, Ingrid...who happened to be the author of The Fabulous Flying Fandinis...a book we had checked out from the library before. And Ingrid generously gave her a copy of the book. Here she is sharing it with her Dad and Ana...and I don't think she put it down the whole ride home. Thanks, Ingrid!
IMG_3444

"Hey, Diego...I think someone's trying to get your attention!"
IMG_3411

Look at this amazing table. The Farm Table isn't just some fruit and vegetables in a box...although it's delicious. It's not just an education on eating healthy...although it is. And it's not just recipes in a newsletter...although we've discovered some great new tastes. It's a community gathered around local, farm grown food. If you've thought about joining, it's not too late!
IMG_3419

Even the horses enjoyed the carrots.
IMG_3404

Okay. So we don't always have to be healthy...Diego enjoyed a mouthful of brownies, too. Thanks to The Farm Table for a great day!
IMG_3395

2 comments:

Aunt Maggie said...

wow.........you do the most fun things, and your pics tell the story as good as you. i hope you are planning a book some day. izzy looked adorable in her boots.

medina family said...

Hey Mags...I take a lot of pictures to get a few good ones...I pick my favorites, usually put them in the order they happened, then tell the story around that. I'll tell Izzy you liked her boots! Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...