Thursday, July 28, 2011

feed the birds

We headed out to the park the other day and realized we even had some crackers in the car to feed the ducks.

(A note about the crackers...I've stopped buying crackers for many months, but this week, I bought some plain, ol' Saltines. Checked the box, they had the least, but pronounceable ingredients. When I let the kids try them, they LOVED them. Joaquin said: "Mom! Where did you GET these???They're delicious!!")

Anyways, apparently the ducks thought the same thing! We were immediately surrounded.
IMG_3883

Joaquin liked the hand feeding.
IMG_3886

Yes, it hurts!!
IMG_3887

There was only one brave soul that dared hop up onto the table.
IMG_3890

Is it me, or does this remind you of Mr. Popper's Penguins?
IMG_3892

It's so hard to get a picture of the three of them. Diego's just a little short.
IMG_3907

We headed over to the sand pit after that...Diego is always very concentrated around sand.
IMG_3916

And for a bit, their imaginations returned. The sharks were circling the ship and no one could slide off into the water. It's been a while since I've seen them play like that. So sweet.
IMG_3925

Diego finally got a turn as captain.
IMG_3934

Then it was time to go!
IMG_3937

2 comments:

kathy said...

I live walking distance to this playground, therefore next time you go twitter, fb or email me. You should see those ducks in january they will walk all over you for food, now they are really well fed and then in spring there are tons of goslings, so cute. Do you live close?

http://polwig.com

medina family said...

it's a small world!! We used to live walking distance but now are a little further out.
Yeah...it's been so hot, I think they were a little starved for food.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...