In light of our new eating resolutions...I mean revolution... I happened to check out this cookbook at the library. It is pretty good and the recipes are super easy to make. It is great to cook with real ingredients, and I've even bought things I don't normally buy, like real ginger root. We've made five of the recipes already. Two breakfasts, one lunch, one dinner, and a dessert. The cool thing about these recipes is that they are from countries around the world, so they are all pretty different, and we learn a little about other cultures while we're eating.
Now, I cannot take pictures of food for some reason, but I thought I'd still post them.
This is a German Apple Pancake that was DELICIOUS.
And tonight we had Kung Pao Chicken...I modified it so it wasn't that spicy, but it was still good. This was not the kids' favorite, but they still ate it.
I'm very proud of them for trying new foods, and when they help prepare them, they always seem to eat more. Isabela loves to be a little cook...Joaquin is just starting to get interested in it. Even though I'm spending more time in the kitchen these days, I think it's worth it. Mealtime is exciting. I'm not sure how long I'll keep this up, but it's fun for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment