Wednesday, January 20, 2010

wintergreen

We had an awesome weekend at Wintergreen! The weather was amazing...super foggy the day we drove up the mountain...then a bitter, freezing wind in the morning...but it turned into the most beautiful day ever...I think it was around 60F. This was the first time for the kids and JP. Diego and I did not ski...(and I realized after just walking around in snow boots that I am certainly out of shape!) I have visions of us being this outdoorsy, active family...going skiing, hiking, biking...but for now, this trip has given me the push I needed to get my butt back in the gym.

But can I just say...I love ski pants! They are so warm and so roomy and so comfortable. I'm thinking of wearing them for the rest of winter.

Check out the smile on the guy in blue. He loved every minute of it...well, maybe not when he was turning himself into a human snowball down the steep side of the mountain...but that's what helmets are for.


Does Juan Pablo look cool or what?


The kids had a blast, too. We put them in the Treehouse, which was a ski camp for the WHOLE day.


Look at that concentration.


But I think Isabela has found her talent...she was really good at this. Very confident and could ski quickly and stop...stopping is always important.


Of course, they both had some time to taste the snow.


I really couldn't believe Joaquin made it through a whole a day of skiing and still wanted more. They were so independent by the end of the day...here he is putting his own ski back on.


Shred it, girl!


I love the way Isabela is standing in this picture.


We'll definitely be back again!

3 comments:

Aunt Maggie said...

I was wondering where you were, no new blog since last week. Great pics, i was hoping to see you in your ski pants though, hhehehehhehehehehehe

Nancy said...

Hey Susie Q, I don't think one is necessarily out of shape when wearing ski boots, they're just weird foot wear!!!!! I went there once (or somewhere close) with Tim and signed up for lessons and my shins/feet were killing me before I even got on the bunny slope. Then the first thing they teach you in the lesson is how to "fall." That was it for me. I hightailed it to the lodge and enjoyed the view for the rest of the day. Looks like the Medinas had a grand time skiing!!!!!

Darlene said...

Looks like a great time!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...