Sunday, July 12, 2009
not forgotten
Last night, we helped our church pack bags to send over to soldiers in Iraq. I've never seen Isabela so excited! If there's anything she likes to do, it's follow a list. I wish I could have gotten a picture of her. She would come around the circle and say, "Ta da!" I filled another one! That's her new word, "ta da!" Everyone walked around a horseshoe of chairs, filled with boxes of snacks, toiletries, pens, tablets, etc., and put one or two of each into ziploc bags, according to the list. She got so proficient at it, she could do two bags at once. Joaquin filled about three bags, but spent most of the time sitting on a stack of chairs "taking a break". In total, about 30 people filled 200 bags to send over. I have to admit, I spent the whole time holding a sweet sleeping baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The kids and I did that last time!
It was a lot of fun.
Post a Comment