Wednesday, January 16, 2008

citizen kane...i mean Juan!!




Juan Pablo is officially a US Citizen as of yesterday!! He passed the test easily...he missed one about the preamble...but answered others about the colonies and branches of government...and he took the oath the same day! There were 19 people taking the oath, from 15 different countries, including Vietnam, Lebanon, Liberia, Brazil, Panama, El Salvador, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Peru, Haiti, Bolivia of course, and I can't remember the others. Many were in the Navy...I think that is one way to get into the country, join the armed forces and then you can become a citizen.
They watched a video from the president and a video with the song "I'm proud to be an American" with scenes from all over the country. Now he has no greencard, he can just check citizen on applications just like we do!! And he can vote for the president!

ps...on the way home we were talking about presidential candidates and I said what if Oprah was president, and he said completely by accident, "Oprah supports Obama bin Laden." very funny slipup!

4 comments:

Nancy Welge said...

woohoo, congratulations Juan Pablo. I proud to have you as a fellow citizen!

Nancy Welge said...

boy, now i sound like a foreigner. that's I'M proud to have you as a fellow citizen.

robynreid said...

ditto what nancy said! yay, juan pablo!

Cara said...

Congratulations!!! I know both of you must be so excited!

Oh - and that Oprah comment is HILARIOUS!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...