Sunday, April 23, 2017

Jockey Ridge State Park

 Where did you spend Easter morning?

We magically ended up at Jockey Ridge State Park in North Carolina.  We'd just spend four nights tent camping in Cape Hatteras and were headed home to see if the Easter Bunny really is real.

Hmmm.....



The big boys had gone hang gliding here during our trip, but the rest of us hadn't seen it yet.  I'm so glad JP made that u-turn.  Visiting here is almost like being on another planet.

Just so you know...those are not weapons, just waiting hang gliders.



The speedy ones thought it would be fun to race up the dune.



See the one sitting at the top.  He won.



Isabela and I took our time.  It was a perfect day...cool and sunny, and of course, windy.



Sand and sky meet right here.



This place reminded me of Bolivia's Salar de Uyuni...salt flats that spread for miles around.  So we tried our hand at some funny photography.



Here's a shot of us getting into place....magical sand blurring the line between land and sky.


Isabela and Joaquin did a great job directing us.


But I think this one below is my favorite picture. The sand whipping around at our feet is, of course, how the dunes change over time.  Poor little Carmen said it stung her legs, and there she is dancing around.  



One side of the dune we were on went straight down into the trees. One more race to the top.


It was a most memorable Easter.  


Hallelujah!


1 comment:

Tracy López said...

Lovely to catch up with you and the family. So happy to see you guys enjoying a nice vacation together, and the kids growing up -- wow! I can't believe how much they've changed over the years and that we've known each other as long as we have.

I have never been camping because it doesn't appeal to me (bugs, no running water, no AC, lol --- I guess I'm a little spoiled), but the photo from the inside of your tent looked very inviting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...