Saturday, July 16, 2016

get outside

Coaxing the kids outside when it's hot is hard work.  

We were setting out early one morning to go to the park and beat the heat.  I was the last one out of the house, probably exhausted from trying to get everyone else out.  

I heard some commotion outside, and this is what I saw when I got there:


Apparently, this little lizard had been sunning on our tire.


I love this because Joaquin is normally a little scared of 'nature-y' things.  What would make him take  his shoe off and put the lizard on there?  Maybe he didn't have his shoes on yet.


We all thoroughly enjoyed him, even talked about keeping him, but decided it was best to let him go.


And this is why I keep fighting to get them outside.

**update** 
Diego and I did an internet search, and we believe it is an Eastern Fence lizard.  What do you think?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...