Thursday, June 6, 2013

how to have fun

It's hard to believe we have to make a list of 'how to have fun' during summer.

I never did this when I was a kid.  We had one week of vacation at the beach and the rest of the days were spent at the pool, riding bikes in the neighborhood with my best friend who lived up the street, or playing in the creek behind my house....oh, yeah, plus all the ballet classes that I took.

But without a list, I think we'd be hearing a lot of "I'm bored" and "we didn't do anything this summer".  I found this quote about being bored on pinterest and thought it was inspiring:

0eb44179b9d5ddd0ce59eb44304a6ee5

So we made our list.  And we're definitely excited.  So many possibilities!  The hard part will be trying not to do them ALL IN ONE DAY.

The idea is to use this chart like a bingo board....we'll put a sticker on every thing we do, and when we complete a row, we'll do something else special...(like completing the row isn't enough).

And I've really gotten quite cheap...instead of buying a piece of poster board, I just cut open a brown grocery bag to make the 'NOT bummer summer' chart.

IMG_9396

Some of the things are free, some cost, some will take all day, some just a few minutes.  And we didn't put them in any certain order, so I have no idea how hard it will be to complete these rows.  Most of the things on this list came from someone else's list....because it's hard for us to think of how to have fun on  our own???   Here's the link to that list.

IMG_9398

And let's not forget summer reading.  (I feel busy already.)  If the kids read one chapter book a week, I'll be happy.   I plan on bribing them with a dollar a book, then letting them write a review of it on Amazon.  I hope it works!

I signed up with the Happy Family Movement for their summer bucket list challenge.  I think it's just a way to make sure our busy life doesn't find us at the end of summer wishing we'd done this or that.  You can sign up HERE if you are interested.

Hopefully, by the end of summer, we'll  (*still*) be one happy family.


1 comment:

Aunt Maggie said...

that sounds like a really fun summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...